Tuesday, March 10, 2009

[Incoming Message]

[Back-N-Time connection 49F27S-I93-2009]
Wow, it worked…Mom, Dad is that you? Where’s your gray hair? And what’s up with those lame clothes? Anyhow, I just spent my last $40 using a service called Back-N-Time to come back to 2009 and spend exactly 2 minutes with you. I’ll have to talk quick. I chose this time because I know this is the most influential years of my life and I thought I could change things.

Don’t worry I’m OK, I mean the future me is OK. But I think I could be better. See the economy never fully recovered and well, our Christian beliefs continued to erode as well and now I’m wishing I had paid more attention when I was younger. I wish I had more to build on and believe in. I wish you had taken more time to grow my faith and not just my body and my brain. Don’t get me wrong, I’m alive today because you taught me to work and think, but inside I feel empty.

I realize now there’s a BIG difference between knowing about God and actually knowing God. I’m glad you took me to church and Family Factory was awesome, but now, some 40 years later it seems we (and by we, I mean you) didn’t carry what we learned at church back home. We enjoyed the show but that was it. I really think I’d be in much better shape if you would have taken more time to help me understand and apply what we learned. It sounded so simple – pray and study your Bible.

What? Awww man you’ve got to be kiddin’ me … seems my time’s almost gone … know that I love you and I’m doing OK, but I’d trade every soccer practice and school project to have found God at age 8 instead of 48. Tell everyone I said “Hi” and I guess you’d like to know I married…
[to continue this connection please deposit another $40]

2 comments:

  1. Powerful and funny... I want to laugh and cry at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome message. Thank you for the reminder. Sometimes we get caught up in everything - even great things - that we forget to disciple our kids. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete